RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Rutherford's Recreation Department will hold its second annual Halloween Spooktacular on Friday, Oct. 30.
The day is broken into two events -- little kids have their fun from 4:30 to 6 p.m. and the older ones from 6 to 9 p.m.
The little kids portion is geared for children in grades 3 or younger and will consist of:
- Trunk or Treat (4:30 to 5 p.m.), kids are encouraged to wear costumes and bring their own trick-or-treat bags;
- Trackless Train;
- Non-spooky hayride;
- Face painting and removable tattoos;
- Take your own pictures with superheroes and princesses;
- It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (6 p.m., 25 minutes at Tryon Field).
The big kids portion promises a terrifying and gory experience. Guests are warned to enter at their own risk. Not recommended for the faint of heart of little kids.
- Scary Hayride;
- Face painting and tattoos;
- Haunted maze;
- Scary movie clips.
The Rutherford High School Project Graduation will receive proceeds from glow stick and refreshment sales.
MORE INFORMATION: Rutherford Rec Facebook page .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.