RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Rosh Hashanah begins Sunday night and homes throughout Bergen County smell delicious.
Daily Voice caught up with some of our readers for the recipes that make their Jewish New Years oh-so-sweet.
This one is a noodle kugel from Michael Weiss of Rutherford.
What you'll need:
- 1 stick of butter
- One 16 oz. package of extra wide noodles
- 1/2C of sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 pint of sour cream
- 8 oz. of light cream cheese
- 1 pound of small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2C of milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Cinnamon for sprinkling
Let's get started:
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Melt butter in a 13x9-inch lasagna dish
- Boil noodles
- Combine all the other ingredients in large mixing bowl
- Add in noodles, mix
- Pour in pan and sprinkle cinnamon on top
- Bake for 15 min, then turn down the heat to 350F and cook an additional 45 minutes.
WANT MORE RECIPES?
- Tzimmes hailing from England and Australia (Bina Lerman, Rutherford).
- Pomagranate Glazed Corned Beef from a kosher fitness-geared chef (Gabe Gilbert, Tenafly/Teaneck)
- Super easy apple cobbler (Estie Orenstein, Woodcliff Lake).
- Sweet Strudle from a family of bakers (Rivky Goldin, Teaneck).
- Rainbow challahs, round challahs and more from the Challah Fairy
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.