RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Rutherford will soon have a new Civil Service Executive Director.
The motion came after Borough Council passed an ordinance permitting the creation of the position at the Feb. 8 meeting. A separate ordinance setting the salary between $70,000 and $90,000 was also passed.
The Executive Director will be "responsible for assisting in the execution of the functions of all Borough Departments through implementation of policy and development, management, and control of plans, programs and operations," according to the ordinance.
The executive director will assume several responsibilities once belonging to the borough administrator, a role that's long been vacant in the borough. It is not yet clear what will be of the borough administrator position.
The executive director's duties include:
- developing policies and procedures
- conferring with department heads and council liaisons on budgetary needs and allowances
- evaluating budget requests and confer with the CFO
- overseeing project targets and deadlines
- implementing measures to ensure that directives are properly carried out by the appropriate organizational unit
- attending all department head meetings and take notes
- preparing reports for the mayor and council
- reviewing complaints directed at the borough
- recommending disciplinary actions to the mayor and council
CLICK HERE for more.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.